Black Bear Performance 2016 Intake Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently received my CAI and I purchased the 1 you recommended. I am also scheduled to have my vehicle tuned at your Tune event this weekend in Fairfax. So, I have 2 questions for you:
You stated within the Washington D.C. Tune Event thread on this forum:
"**We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned."
Question 1 - I have not yet received a module in the mail and the event is a few days away. Am I going to receive a module to perform security relearn?
Question 2 - I should I install my AFE Momentum GT Pro 5R intake system today or should I wait until after the truck has been tuned?

Spare modules and/or AutoCals are only shipped out for those individuals that purchase them ahead of time. Your truck does not have spare modules available, only the AutoCal can be used to return to factory. If you are interested in purchasing an AutoCal at the time of your tune or are interested in more information on it, please shoot us an email and we will be able to take care of that.

Edit: To answer the intake question, please install it prior to the tune.

Last edited:

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I received a confirmation email from BBP with questions I needed to answer before attending the Fairfax event. I mentioned in the response email that I would like to purchase an AutoCal at the event.

Thank you for your quick response to my questions!

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the best deal on the net for this intake! Install was a breeze. Pretty sure it showed up in 2 days as well. Awesome!

Makes me wonder what all the extra stuff on the stock intake was for ha ha!

One step closer to getting another BB tune! This time for my Denali!

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the best deal on the net for this intake! Install was a breeze. Pretty sure it showed up in 2 days as well. Awesome!

Makes me wonder what all the extra stuff on the stock intake was for ha ha!

One step closer to getting another BB tune! This time for my Denali!

View attachment 82556

View attachment 82557

We are happy you are enjoying it!

cody08

Reaction score
Do you have something similar for intake suggestions on my 04 Suburban? Would the AFE be the best way to go on my year as well?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have something similar for intake suggestions on my 04 Suburban? Would the AFE be the best way to go on my year as well?

Hello Cody, we do not really have a recommendation for a CAI for a 04 Suburban, we have not tested that year and model. We sell AFE and Airraid Jr for that year and model. They are both reputable brands.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MIT tube with a dry filter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk