Black Bear or Hypertech Max Energy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02BigBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L 4x4. Performance mods include CAI and Flow Master Super 40 Exhaust. Also has 6.5" BDS Suspension lift with 35" tires on 20's. I am looking to do a tuner but was unsure if the Black Bear tune was worth the additional money since I only have a CAI and exhaust done. I am also considering a Jet Power flow MAF sensor but not sure sure if those really add anything. Please help with any advice. Thank you.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes....BlackBear Tune is well worth the money!! You won't be disappointed.

Also, do not waste your money on an aftermarket MAF. :deal:

OP
OP

02BigBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just trying to think of what other mods can I do before I get a tune with out having to break the bank?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like Burb said, aftermarket MAFs are bad news, don't waste your money. A CAI and a good to end cleaning should couple well with a tune.

Sent from a jelly bean.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can add a vette servo which is 20 dollars, clean all sensors, regular tune up, maybe some headers

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have used both of the tunes and I ended up with BlackBear for activating my electric fan swap. If you didnt want to do a efan swap then go with either tuner. Both provided the same output feel in my opinion, however I like the ability with BlackBear for lifetime tunes if you build the engine or swap to a LQ9. Best thing for your ride is front and rear gears then a tune, then headers.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Justin tune my denali years ago and all I have is a CAI. Worth the money:read:

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the diablo intune with a custom tune from Lew, I couldn't be happier. The performance improved drastically, and his customer service is second to none.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk