Black Bear or Diablo Intune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stratguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to my vehicle which is a 2016 Tahoe LS with factory 22's. I would like to even out the throttle response. I've read some of the threads on tuning and as I'm not a gear head, it's somewhat daunting. I'm not looking to turn my Tahoe into a dragster, I just want to make it more responsive and eliminate some of the lag.

Any thoughts on which one would be better - Intune or Black Bear? Or, is there something else I should be considering?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sooo much more customizable options with BB. Plus if you buy their autocal, free retunes. Over the years I started with an autocal and whenever I made a new mod, Justin at BB sent me retunes for new mods. This year was a whole new retune for the supercharger I installed

nath

Reaction score
Hey Stratguy,
I can tell you I wish I had gone with the Blackbear. I went with Diablo and while it was very effective in tuning my Tahoe. I bought the Tuner in 2012 well I tried to retune just recently and It had "error cannot acquire VIN". Well I contacted the company who now owns Diablo and they let me know I would have to get a letter from Mechanic saying my truck had been reflashed or updated. Well I was livid, they say they had a problem with people tuning their vehicles and then selling the tuner or some such crap!!! I am the original purchaser!!!! It is the same damn vehicle!!! WTF!!!!
Unhappy with Holley and whoever else is involved!!!!!

MissouriYukon16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The same thing will happen with Black Bear...... tuners are meant to read and file the existing information contained in the ECM's and TCM's, any time that info is changed, simply get a work order printed off bc it may throw your tuner for a loop. It's not the end of the world, you'll just have to send it to them and either BB or Diablo will take care of you since I've had experience with both.

Diablo seems to respond quicker and push tunes out faster then BB.... sometimes I've waited for a week after sending files to BB to get a tune sent or to get the "OK" on info that I've sent them. Diablo is usually only a day or two. Beyond that, BB gives you something that Diablo will not and that's why I choose to suck it up and wait the extra time for BB to get the stuff to me. BB will allow you to tune your Transmission as well. Diablo can only tune your ECM, but cannot tune the TCM at all. Why get only half a tune, when you can get one that makes sure the ECM and TCM work in harmony together?! The BB definitely is a big upgrade that really improves the drive-ability of the vehicle and I've added 1mpg as well.

Hope that helps... good luck!!

nath

Reaction score
Hey Missouri,
I found my original disk loaded it to my old laptop and plugged in the Diablo and bam I am back in business. I can tune the transmission on the diablo at least to firm up shifts and essentially regear by telling it that the tires are larger or smaller that they really are. I find that option great since I am running 35/12.5/17s.
Keep Cruising.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our tunes are 100% custom. They are built based on your vehicle and your vehicle mods.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my black bear tune loaded up.

Only mod is an airaid intake. Only drove it for a quick minute. One thing I can say about blackbear is that if "you" have any requests or concerns about how "you" drive or what bugs "you" on the stock tune, that they can address it.

My main concern was a stock transmission tuning issue. Boom problem solved.

Hp increase won't knock your socks off, but torque delivery will. Not only is there just a bit more, but the transmission strategy is much more realistic and instantaneous. Which means rpm is in a tow spot quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep