Biting off more than I can chew??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black1996

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on this site, I've sold all my 2 doors and finally now have a line on a 95 tbi 4x4 for really cheap. The body is pretty good rust wise but the transmission and rear end are toast. I've got a buddy with a rear end for cheap so that leaves the transmission as being the main hurdle in this adventure.
Sooo the obvious move is to upgrade to the 4l80e since I've had nothing but issues with the 4l60e's. If I can find a 5.3 or 6.0 for the right price and pair it with the 4l80e I would want to ditch the transfer case and make it a 2wd. I have a good 4x4 truck already and the 2 door 2wds are pretty unheard of around here. Id really like to simplify the system and make it a true 2wd since there is alot less components to worry about in the future when I hope to turbo it. What issues am I going to run into doing all of this mayhem. I'm a journeyman welder btw so any custom cross braces or cutting is not a big deal to me. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63