Bilstein Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tractoman

Reaction score
When replacing oem front shocks, do you use the OEM spring seat on the bilstein shock? Also are the 5100's superior to the 4600's? I am going to install a CCM 2.5/1 and think I will do the shocks at the same time. Rig is a Yukon XL with 84K on it.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes you use stock spring and upper shock mount for new 5100s. Yes they are significantly better. That level will work fine with the shocks.

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
So the lower spring seat comes with the new shock or does it come off the OEM shock? No pics show the lower seat on the shock.

Chev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bilstein 5100 on 07 yuk Denali. My OEM stock struts were replaced before me, I have no OEM spring seats. Having very difficult time sourcing spring seats. Anyone got a clue? I call bilstein no answer or part for my dilemma. Thanks
NorCal ss may hold the key [emoji102][emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
Use whatever spring seats are on the car now. The should come off to transfer to the new ones.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks no answer to this. I'm trying to preload mine. Without spring seats, I'm stuck using old ones.

Moog K160311 seems to be the nylon isolator.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To follow this up, GM does not sell the lower spring perches - perch, not the nylon insulator.

I could not find the Moog equivalent.

This part must be harvested from a strut assembly. I bought a new AC Delco strut assembly for the perch.

I bet a wiz on AutoCAD could have the part drawn up quickly. Then send off to an online machine shop. Cheaper and I bet room for upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98