Biggest lift without altering suspension geometry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to lift my truck but I don't want to have to change out the whole suspension just for an extra inch. I'm thinking about bringing the front up with keys and then raising the rear with a 2" spacer and Z71 springs.
If I did this would I have to mess with the sway bars, tie rods, etc? or would I be fine?

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
That's pretty much the lift I have. My angles aren't perfect, but also not terrible. A 1.5 or 1" spacer might be better for a more comfortable lift, since the Z71 springs are already taller than stock. I have bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners and my ride is relatively smooth.

IMG_4361(1).JPG

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto that. I wouldn't go with a 2" spacer in the back. I just went with the Z71 springs alone, since the Ebay company sent me 3" spacers instead of the 2" I ordered. <sigh> I nearly maxed my new keys out on the driver's side, pass still has a good bit it could go up. But overall, I'm up 2-3" in the front, and about level with that in the back. If I'd put another 2" spacer in there, it would be significantly raked to the front all over again.

I did the Bilsteins as well. Very happy with all of it.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much the lift I have. My angles aren't perfect, but also not terrible. A 1.5 or 1" spacer might be better for a more comfortable lift, since the Z71 springs are already taller than stock. I have bilstein 5100s in all 4 corners and my ride is relatively smooth.

View attachment 184453

What's your setup like? Love the way your truck sits, and are those 31s?

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I'm thinking about going with coilovers up front, is anyone experienced with the Atomic Fab coilover conversions?

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine with keys, Z71 Springs, 2" coil spacers, KYB Monomax shocks - 2-5" extended length in the front, 2" shock extensions in the rear. Sitting at 39 3/4" at the front fenders, 40 1/2" at the rear - so I have 1/2" of rake back to front. Tires are 285/75/16 General Grabber AT II's on MB Blitz wheels, 16x8 with -6mm backspacing (stock is +25mm), so they stick out 1 1/4" past normal, just inside the flares.

I have had pretty much the entire front end rebuilt, but I bought it with 184K on it, half the parts were original. They last a helluva lot longer when they are left at factory height. You WILL have to start replacing parts at some point if you go with keys and springs and spacers. If you want to lift without changing geometry, it's either a full suspension lift with drop bracketry, or a 3" body lift.

Cleaned.jpg

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I'm thinking about going with coilovers up front, is anyone experienced with the Atomic Fab coilover conversions?
I found your question while searching for the same info!!! I too am trying to find more feedback about this. Everyone seems to like spacers and keys around here. I just want to know if the quality of ride is improved over keys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys