Big three upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of their big three upgrade on their tahoe I don't no were to run my grounds

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please be a little bit more specific. I have zero gauge running to the back to run a winch for my boat. I have another set of zero gauge that comes up under the middle row, runs a big ass investor to run a washing machine...if I needed to. Engine is even easier. What are you trying to do?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
run one directly from positive battery terminal to alternator output terminal, one from negative battery terminal to alternator mounting bracket, run one from battery negative terminal to frame

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Honestly this mod should be a sticky , with pics and step by step instructions. I know it's super simple but it's a popular upgrade.
I would make a thread but I haven't done the big 3 yet.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a big three upgrade?

The Big Three wiring upgrade
A good, cost-effective improvement is to perform the "Big Three" electrical upgrade. This will vastly improve your vehicle's electrical system, allowing more current to flow easier to all components. This upgrade replaces or augments three key cables in the electrical system with 1/0 or 4 gauge wires: the battery ground to chassis wire, the chassis to engine block wire, and the alternator plus to battery plus wire. This increases your electrical system's current flow capability, ensuring a more consistent voltage under varying demand conditions.

An unfortunate possible side effect of doing the Big Three is that occasionally it only makes your lights dim even worse. This happens because the amplifier is now able to suck juice better from the system through the bigger straw (the new cables).

xDan

Reaction score
The Big Three wiring upgrade
A good, cost-effective improvement is to perform the "Big Three" electrical upgrade. This will vastly improve your vehicle's electrical system, allowing more current to flow easier to all components. This upgrade replaces or augments three key cables in the electrical system with 1/0 or 4 gauge wires: the battery ground to chassis wire, the chassis to engine block wire, and the alternator plus to battery plus wire. This increases your electrical system's current flow capability, ensuring a more consistent voltage under varying demand conditions.

An unfortunate possible side effect of doing the Big Three is that occasionally it only makes your lights dim even worse. This happens because the amplifier is now able to suck juice better from the system through the bigger straw (the new cables).

If your lights dim after this upgrade, it's also time to put in a 200 amp alternator I'm thinkin. Maybe some massive amp power caps too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011