Big 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so yer amp is 900 watts x 5 channels
at 14 volts that would only draw 65 amps and if that 900 is the peak wattage rating then itd only draw that much current if you had the stereo full blast

OP
OP
M

Mcopco

Reaction score
Dealership had two tahoe within 2k miles of each other very similar options. Hybrid had navigation back up cam noon hybrid did not and they were the same price so figured I'd save some on gas. And honestly I get about 22mpg. Higher of in in city lower on Highway. I can get to work which is very close almost exclusively on electric because speed limits are 30. I actually have to go just under the limit to stay in full electric but.... Anyway that's basically it. I've always been a tahoe suburban guy so didn't really care about hybrid but for the same price why not. If I had known what I know now I probably would have stayed with non may because of audio. If I have to add alternator and all that jazz then I'm out a ton of money and the gas savings probably doesn't matter.

OP
OP
M

Mcopco

Reaction score
1448302089753-1182988421.jpg I need to figure out how to fix the gap between climate control and dash kit. Don't think I can. There is a lip on the climate control that fit over factory I could probably grind out the groove on dash kit. But I really like this HU.

OP
OP
M

Mcopco

Reaction score
so yer amp is 900 watts x 5 channels
at 14 volts that would only draw 65 amps and if that 900 is the peak wattage rating then itd only draw that much current if you had the stereo full blast

so yeah itll draw 60 70 amps

I definately don't know how to use this forum on mobile but any idea if this will be fine seems fine possibly more engine time but that's no biggie didn't get a tahoe to hyper mile

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the current electrical can handle my 900/5 amp. Until I can figure out the rest. I've asked in the hybrid section but no responses yet. I'm thinking I should be okay. Only concern is damaging the hybrid system. If I kill the battery I'll live and learn for the cost of the battery of I break the hybrid system I'll cry. And the wife will be none to pleased.

Definitely be fine. This is my old setup in a hybrid

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...6-rims-88k-miles-under-warranty-jax-fl.76572/

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly id probably talk to a more hybrid saavy person im a little outta my depth when it comes to hybrids the charging system from what i can tell is a bit different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons