Big 3 Upgrade Directions w/ Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah soldering is the way to go. I don't know how to solder or have a soldering gun so I just crimped with a vice.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking at a crimper designed for 0awg and small wire. it was like 200 bucks, but if soldering is the way to go then that doesnt cost a damn thing

you dont need a crimper get you a propane torch from home depot some solder
use a vise grips to hold your ring terminal and use the torch to heat up the solder and terminal ones it melts stick your wire in it and hold it till it cools down then get some shrink tubing and make it look pretty here is a pic to give you and idea

DSC04235.jpg

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 0g wire to the back where I have a distribution block to run my two amps. Ill just have to use the 4g that I have laying around. It is very good wire though, not the cheap stuff. And as far as ring terminals go I usually use my hammer as a crimper :) then I solder what I can. Has always worked well for me.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Quietfly - I saw your post recommeding 12ft of wire vs 5ft from Brandon.

How did you route your wires? (I haven't done the upgrade yet, just wondering)

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
I have a 170amp alternator. When I first start it squeals horrible until I rev it once or twice past 2500rpms. And if the everything isn't warm and I put a load on the electrical system(off-road lights, ELocker) it'll squeal at lower rpms and all the lights dim. Will the "Big 3" help that problem?