Big 3 Upgrade Directions w/ Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few people have asked for measurements so here they are. You're gonna need a total of about 60 inches of wire just to be safe.

23 inches for alternator to battery positive.
7 inches for the battery negative to chassis.
30 inches for chassis to engine block.

These are all based off my directions and the measurements aren't exact, but you don't need exact. Hope this helps.

Also, I don't think im gonna be building any big 3 kits once I sell my rims. I figured you have the directions with pictures and you have the measurements, you can just buy the wire and crimp some ring terminals on the ends yourself it's not that hard. And plus I just can't sell my rims for some reason. I got em up for $800 on craigslist and nobody is interested. Might be because winter is coming, or it might be because you got people selling ugly and cheap 22's with tires for $500.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
You can always use better terminals on the battery. The ones hes using are just ur basic bs ones. Try and find a good set like raptor or something.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always use better terminals on the battery. The ones hes using are just ur basic bs ones. Try and find a good set like raptor or something.

I don't really see a need in using expensive terminals for the big 3 upgrade. Yeah it would definitely help and the ones I used are just some generic cheapies but I honestly don't see a reason to spend the money on better ones.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
I understand your take on it. But heres 2 reasons why to go better. Heck 3.
1. More Metal Contacting area. Cant hurt any.
2. Looks. Mine looks cool yours flat out doesnt.
3. Voltage meter built in for quick reading of volts at battery. Not a bad thing to have.

So yea they do the same thing but If you got the dough get the good ones is my vote.

http://www.raptor-online.com/product_individual.php?id=78

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your take on it. But heres 2 reasons why to go better. Heck 3.
1. More Metal Contacting area. Cant hurt any.
2. Looks. Mine looks cool yours flat out doesnt.
3. Voltage meter built in for quick reading of volts at battery. Not a bad thing to have.

1. True
2.:rolleyes: Be sure to add that to your sig
3. Can't see it while you're driving, so the factory gauge will have to suffice

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the need to spend the money on a digital volts gauge at the battery. In my truck I have four, that would make number 5. I was at overkill on volts gauges at 3.

The chasis to engine, thats ground aka BLACK wire? I'm getting wire at work, so I'm going have black and red appropiately placed.