better ride from 2013 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 2013 2wd yukon denali for just over a year now and i'm starting to want to do something to get a better ride from it. I don't want to lower it, just feel like everything's a little looser now and has a little more body roll than i remember when i first got it :) Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!!
ZSyuJFY.jpg

0N1IR1q.jpg
0N1IR1q

Last edited:

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is PPV a brand, or a certain type of sway bar?

Keith is recommending you look for the sway bars from a Police Patrol Vehicle Tahoe. The PPVs are designed for high speed pursuits and have larger sway bars, beefier springs, and stiffer struts. I own a PPV and just replaced the struts. The ride is stiff for a SUV. Not as stiff as my Nissan 300zx with aftermarket coilovers but you will feel every pot hole and rut in the road. The SUV is "tossable" in the corners though.

How many miles are on your suspension? You might want to start by jacking up your truck and checking everything for play. No reason to pay for a bunch of upgrades when a loose bushing or worn tie rod might be causing your problems.

Some things to check:

-Are your wheels tight when in the air? Just a tiny bit of play in your steering rack can cause a bad "wandering" feeling on the road.
-Check your end links, steering rack and linkages, and all control arms
-Check your struts for oil leakage. If you have more than 70k miles on your struts, replacing them will probably help your ride regardless of external leaks. Avoid Monroe!

P.S. Is that a giant Crape Myrtle in your front yard? If so, incredible! Are you from DFW?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put the hellwigs front and rear on mine, there definitely beefy solid bars seems to feel sturdier just going down the road part of that could be in my head though since I actually got under there and I know what it has now. but I like it :)

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keith is recommending you look for the sway bars from a Police Patrol Vehicle Tahoe. The PPVs are designed for high speed pursuits and have larger sway bars, beefier springs, and stiffer struts. I own a PPV and just replaced the struts. The ride is stiff for a SUV. Not as stiff as my Nissan 300zx with aftermarket coilovers but you will feel every pot hole and rut in the road. The SUV is "tossable" in the corners though.

How many miles are on your suspension? You might want to start by jacking up your truck and checking everything for play. No reason to pay for a bunch of upgrades when a loose bushing or worn tie rod might be causing your problems.

Some things to check:

-Are your wheels tight when in the air? Just a tiny bit of play in your steering rack can cause a bad "wandering" feeling on the road.
-Check your end links, steering rack and linkages, and all control arms
-Check your struts for oil leakage. If you have more than 70k miles on your struts, replacing them will probably help your ride regardless of external leaks. Avoid Monroe!

P.S. Is that a giant Crape Myrtle in your front yard? If so, incredible! Are you from DFW?

I'm glad i asked, i wouldn't have figured PPV out, i kept looking for a brand named PPV :) I generally like the way it rides at the moment, it has the auto ride suspension which i think may add to the feeling, but i could be wrong. i only have 35000 miles on it, so I'm hoping everything it still good, but i will check it the next time i get a chance and make sure.

That is a 26 year old crape myrtle, it's huge and makes your vehicle look like it's a float in a parade if you leave it parked under it during the right time of the year. I'm in the San Antonio area. Just got back from visiting a friend in Dallas yesterday actually. Love that toll road!!!

Thanks for the info!

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put the hellwigs front and rear on mine, there definitely beefy solid bars seems to feel sturdier just going down the road part of that could be in my head though since I actually got under there and I know what it has now. but I like it :)

is everything else stock on your vehicle, or is there other additions as well? Nice looking ride btw!

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW here's whats came stock in the yukon.
EDIT:Removed all the extra's that didn't have anything to do w/ suspension.

C5Y - GVW RATING - 7,100 LBS
G69 - LEVEL CONTROL
G80 - DIFFERENTIAL, LOCKING REAR FULLY AUTOMATIC
GU6 - REAR AXLE, 3.42 RATIO
JL4 - STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM W/ TRACTION CONTROL
YD5 - FRONT SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT
YD6 - REAR SPRING - BASE EQUIPMENT
Z55 - AUTORIDE SUSPENSION PACKAGE
Z82 - H.D. TRAILERING EQUIPMENT

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads