Better radio ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi Ken, yes I, I looked around and there are better and less expensive options, but I wanted it to be factory, (and at the time was messing with the rear audio, which I gave up on.) Also planning on the back up camera, which should just work with my setup. (The radio already does 'everything' video when I back up. There's just no signal... because there's no camera yet)

Ron

I forgot to ask... did you install a VCIM for Bluetooth or does the PPV not have wiring provisions for it?

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask... did you install a VCIM for Bluetooth or does the PPV not have wiring provisions for it?

I didn't, I don't know for sure if the wiring is there for it, and what wiring is really needed for it to just make the bluetooth work. I might look into that some day.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look like simple aftermarket 50w per speaker will do .
any different options ?
i just like to have GPS , CD slot , hard drive for storage , radio tuner ,just remember this is PPV ,

Last edited:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look like simple aftermarket 50w per speaker will do .
any different options ?
i just like to have GPS , CD slot , hard drive for storage , radio tuner ,just remember this is PPV ,

That's my thought. The Nav radio also has a USB port, I hooked an SSD with all my music on it up to it. It has GPS (the updates are expensive though) But I like the GPS, clear directions. However Garmin for example has also the warnings, speed, sharp curves etc. Maybe the newer version does. (but the update is over $200 I believe).
I like the music volume changing with the GPS, and also with speed.

Also, when going down the road at 50-80 mph, I wonder how much better speakers will be worth. Besides, I think the difference between the standard speakers and the Bose are not that big

I like it, it's functional and also, since it is factory, fits really well with the rest. (it starts up with the Bowtie too.
(Oh and the documentation says you cannot have more then 1,000 on a USB device, I have way over 2,500 and it just works.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518