Best way to eliminate Active Fuel Management?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Range Tech device does not "marry" itself to any vehicle. Unplug from one vehicle and plug in to another.

Most cost effective way would be like 07burb said, BlackBear will take care of you.

The best way to delete your DOD/AFM is to remove it, period. But, that's not cost effective, hah.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Burb said go the BB way. the reason is i had a Edge CTS on my 2010 silverado and it was a great tool for code reading and gauges. the performance was great also. but at $400 was it worth it. to me yes. but i also had plans to get a BB tune.

now as far as the Tahoe goes. i also have the BB tune. i love it. it made such a difference that my wife actually noticed it. and thats saying alot!!:signs8:
my mpg was not really affected. but i can tell a big difference with the AFM tuned out/off. so i highly suggest getting it tuned off.

the handheld was great for gauges but the tune was a better choice for driving.

just my experience..

randyg

Reaction score
I had an 2007 Sierra with AFM. It had a dash light to show when it was in 4-cyl mode. I now have a 2011 Yukon. Paperwork says it has AFM, but I don't see any dash indicator when it's going back and forth. Should I? Or was this indicator eliminated? Trying to decide if I should get a Range device to turn off the AFM. Need this vehicle to last!

bamabaxter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had an 2007 Sierra with AFM. It had a dash light to show when it was in 4-cyl mode. I now have a 2011 Yukon. Paperwork says it has AFM, but I don't see any dash indicator when it's going back and forth. Should I? Or was this indicator eliminated? Trying to decide if I should get a Range device to turn off the AFM. Need this vehicle to last!
If you set the display to instant mpg, you will see it in V8 or V4 mode. It will change back and forth as AFM manages.

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheapest way that I have found is by going to lt1swap.com and sending him your ECM. He only charges $50.00 and that includes 2-3 day priority mail back to you. I overnighted mine to him and he shipped it out the same day he received it. Although now I am wanting to get a Black Bear Performance tune.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mail-order BB tune... $240 for the biggest smile of your life. Best cost/smile ratio in any mod I've done yet.