Best Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the best tire out there for my 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali. 22k miles on the tires now. Starting to ride bad and I am seeing little ripples in the tires. Slight vibration too. I want to buy the best ones and cost is not an issue. Looking for a smooth ride. What do you guys think?

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the best tire out there for my 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali. 22k miles on the tires now. Starting to ride bad and I am seeing little ripples in the tires. Slight vibration too. I want to buy the best ones and cost is not an issue. Looking for a smooth ride. What do you guys think?

I've run a lot of rubber....from Defenders, LTX(michelins) and currently Bridgestone dueler anafenza (sp? lol).....they all are about the same with the michelins logging in more on the mileage.

That said, it sounds more like alignment issue based on your description of tire wear...Toe and caster could be out....or dare I say a suspension component might be worn.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run a lot of rubber....from Defenders, LTX(michelins) and currently Bridgestone dueler anafenza (sp? lol).....they all are about the same with the michelins logging in more on the mileage.

That said, it sounds more like alignment issue based on your description of tire wear...Toe and caster could be out....or dare I say a suspension component might be worn.

It is the front and rears. Kind of weird. I will check out the defenders.
I have read here that some do a road force balance. Is they a good idea too?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer will match any price. Who has the best price on the Defenders?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the correct tire you guys are talking about? Thank you.

IMG_1233.PNG

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty unusual for a suspension component to be worn out at only 22k. It's more than likely his tires. It's been well documented here and elsewhere that gm's duelers are pretty sad. I had brand new ones on my 2006 when I bought it 2 years ago and hands down they were the worst tires I've ever had. Even brand new the ride was terrible and they made noise around the slightest of corners. The slight vibration is probably due to one of four or even possibly all 4 being out of balance. Michelins are the way to go. I'm on my second set. Scored the LTX all terrains I had for the last two years as take offs and paid almost nothing for them and they were best all terrain I've had. When I swapped on my NNBS Denalis 20s a couple weeks ago I picked up some used LTX M/S2 tires simply because they were cheap. Even on used Michelins the ride with my 20s is fantastic. I will also be picking up a new set of defenders when we are ready for snow again. I have quite a few clients who's cars I detail often that have defenders also, all have said they are happy with the defenders. The tires the OP showed are the ones we are talking about.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costco usually has the best prices around here, plus you usually get the rebate upfront if there is one

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I have the Continentals on 20 inch wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf