Best Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rtuba71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi..Im new here and was wondering if any lowering kits has a good ride? Everything that I have read goes either way..some claim great ride and someone else will claim with the same exact kit doesnt?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^This. I am running the 3/5-6 kit. Spacer pulled. Free travel mod. 295/35/24 tires and 24 inch +30 offset wheels. Airlift helper bags. Ride is closer to the road and feel a bit more, but coming from 16s and 20s, that is to be expected. Doesn't ride like our Suburban, but the looks alone is worth a little difference. Lots of pics in my build thread and write up as well.

As mentioned, those kits are used by many trucks across 3 generations and everything from 18s to 26s on this forum.

OP
OP
R

Rtuba71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oops...sorry forgot to mention a 2002 Tahoe without the air ride.

OP
OP
R

Rtuba71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your car looks great... hopefully mine will be half as nice. I was looking at a 2/3 kit.....but might have to save for the kit you have.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man.

Quick evolution of my truck. Bone stock with 16s. Then 20s and found TYF.

Lots of research, reading and questions and some member peer pressure coercion. I was going to do the 2/3 with 22s.

Very glad I went lower and bigger wheels. Eats up the fender gap, the stance is great and it just looks and feels good.

Wouldn’t change it. You’ll make the right choice for your truck. Lots of examples on here.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
heres the thing. You want best ride the 3/5-6 kit i offer does it. Now another option i have is 2-3 front with the arms which require the front shocks. then in rear i can do the 3-4 kit with shocks and the endlinks. so its a 2-3 front and 3-4 rear kit. Total on that is 900 but all new shocks and if you tow i can set up helper bags

Tjhooker713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
heres the thing. You want best ride the 3/5-6 kit i offer does it. Now another option i have is 2-3 front with the arms which require the front shocks. then in rear i can do the 3-4 kit with shocks and the endlinks. so its a 2-3 front and 3-4 rear kit. Total on that is 900 but all new shocks and if you tow i can set up helper bags