Best Programmer for 87 Oct, AFM Disable, 2007 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conchasjim

Reaction score
I recently towed a 5000 lb trailer and it was a dog. I have the 3:43 axle and it got so hot I thought it was going to seize up. I had it in the 87 tune mode before that and didn't notice a bit of difference.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd

You still use the tow button?

I've always towed in stock mode, but with the tow button. Heavy UHaul light Volkswagen so 4500 max. Never had a problem. Mileage sucks but that's expected. And that's Houston to Dallas and back, 100 outside.

It does tell you not to tow in 87 mode and 91 minimum on tow mode...

conchasjim

Reaction score
For the most part I didn't use the tow button. I usually run regular, tow or no tow. Never noticed any difference switching to premium. Also, I was towing through a lot of inclines and mountain passes on my way to Sturgis from NM.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Vote for Superchips (I also had a Bully Dog that worked well on my Silverado)

I have the older Superchips Cortex, still gets updates but is no longer sold. It works for what I need. Has the 87, Tow, and Performance tunes, transmission options, AFM delete, speed and rev limit raise, and Fan temperature control.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally picked up a tuner (after just missing an opportunity to Blackbear), I finally just caved and said I just need to get something going....

Anyway I picked up Diablosport i2...shipped quick, super easy to set-up and decent performance so far..I have only added one canned tune, turned off AFM and off with Torque management, pushed shirting to 'firm'.....all noticeable....I likely should have made this move years ago.

jodster1073

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have the Diablo Intune and love it. I'm using the 87 tune with AFM off and firm shifts for the TCM. Made a noticeable different with my intake. I was running the 93 tune last summer while towing my trailer and will probably go back to that this summer. Felt like the truck ran better. Been thinking about getting a custom tune from Lew.

grmarco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with an aftermarket radio, or any other mods? I ordered one (on your recommendations, so thanks for that), and watched a couple YouT videos, and one dude said he had an aftermarket head unit and it caused issues (as determined right from Diablo). Anyway, just thought I would ask while I wait for UPS.

T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9