Best Programmer for 87 Oct, AFM Disable, 2007 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawfarm

Reaction score
1) I've searched. I know you all say Blackbear. I appreciate that, but live in an area where BB isn't, and I don't have the time to travel to where BB is. So while I greatly appreciate the suggestion, I don't have the time for a custom tune.
2) I'm not looking for neck-snapping power. I'm going to continue running 87 octane fuel. I'd like to disable AFM.
3) Looking for cost-effective tuner that will accomplish the above. A little more snap wouldn't be turned down, either.

This is on a 2007 GMC Yukon, 5.3L, 4wd with ~100k.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the superchips tuner, does 87 gas mileage, 91 performance, 87 performance, towing tune, tire calibration, AFM disable, shift pressure, etc. I'm happy with it

look for a used one that's not locked. Go online and update it through spark. If it is locked, you can unlock it for $100

they respond to emails right away as well. Very helpful. I have been a superchips user since way back when we actually had "chips"

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they don't sell the 2865 new any more. You have to step up to the new 2845 style. The tune is exactly the same, it's just the hand held device that looks different

for what it's worth, my 2865 is originally from my 2004 GMC Sierra. When it was stolen, I emailed superchips. They updated "spark" (their update tool) and unlocked it, and I updated it. Plugged it into my 2011 Yukon and it works great

OP
OP
L

lawfarm

Reaction score
they don't sell the 2865 new any more. You have to step up to the new 2845 style. The tune is exactly the same, it's just the hand held device that looks different

for what it's worth, my 2865 is originally from my 2004 GMC Sierra. When it was stolen, I emailed superchips. They updated "spark" (their update tool) and unlocked it, and I updated it. Plugged it into my 2011 Yukon and it works great

Thanks!

conchasjim

Reaction score
I have the superchips one as well. I can't say I've noticed any difference. I have it in the tow tune right now.
What's the AFM disable all about?

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow tune? Why on earth? I do tow a heavy trailer and the car in the avitar , I just "return to stock". I definitely know the difference on the 91 or 87 tune too

AFM disable is making it full time 8 cylinders, instead of switching to 4cyl mode