Best place to buy wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi!

Looking to buy Style 5308 wheels (LTZ) wheels for my Tahoe. I see some on Ebay and a couple other sites but unsure if I am getting a good deal or product. Can I use my TPMS sensors from the stock 17's?

I would want new or like-new wheels. Does $255 a wheel for just the wheels sound good?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also looking to get a set of those (new or used) earlier this year to go back to stock and get rid of the 24s on my wife's LTZ, but the prices were just short of ridiculous. Especially for used ones.

Therefore I ended up buying a set of brand new 2017 20" LTZ take offs straight from a dealership for pretty much half the cost of a used set of the 5308s.

But, if you are hard set on buying only those, I'd suggest only buying GM wheels if possible. I'm a bit skeptical on most of the replica stuff myself.

Yes, your sensors will work, but why not just get a new set and be done with it? Save you the hassle of breaking down your current ones and removing them. New set of sensors is less than 100 bucks.

Something to also consider is buying a TPMS programmer off Ebay. Mine was about 30 bucks and works great Used it already on the Tahoe and also on my Silverado when I got new wheels for it earlier this year.

OP
OP
J

Jay S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was also looking to get a set of those (new or used) earlier this year to go back to stock and get rid of the 24s on my wife's LTZ, but the prices were just short of ridiculous. Especially for used ones.

Therefore I ended up buying a set of brand new 2017 20" LTZ take offs straight from a dealership for pretty much half the cost of a used set of the 5308s.

But, if you are hard set on buying only those, I'd suggest only buying GM wheels if possible. I'm a bit skeptical on most of the replica stuff myself.

Yes, your sensors will work, but why not just get a new set and be done with it? Save you the hassle of breaking down your current ones and removing them. New set of sensors is less than 100 bucks.

Something to also consider is buying a TPMS programmer off Ebay. Mine was about 30 bucks and works great Used it already on the Tahoe and also on my Silverado when I got new wheels for it earlier this year.

Thanks, I am skeptical on replicas as well. if I get 20s I will need new tires and was thinking of taking it to DiscountTire or Kaufman. I know they rebuild TPMS when installing new tires.... is there a downside to this than just getting new ones? I figured this way I don't have to program them?

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, you can do that. Pretty sure they charge you something for the rebuild, too. Maybe also for breaking down the old ones and removing them.

If I was getting brand new wheels and tires, I'd invest at least the 80-90 bucks for new sensors for piece of mind knowing you shouldn't have to worry about them for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne