Best performing slotted rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
who makes the best performing slotted rotors for our trucks, keep in mind I'm doing the 07+ upgrade and have everything except rotors?

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put on the powerstop rotors. not to expensive, and a noticeable improvement.

OP
OP
Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
so I have new 07+ calipers w/brackets and 07+ brake pads but i think someone said just use the caliper brackets and i wont need to install the calipers or have to use the 07 pads either?

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the upgrade and from what i was told you need to swap everything or it wont work. Once you get the old calipers off and do a side by side comparison you`ll see that there is a big size difference.

I forgot to add that i went with R-1 concepts drilled and slotted E line rotors and love them. They`ve been on for around three years and barely have any wear, No cracks or warping at all and the coating still looks great with zero rust.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the slotted and cryo-tempered PowerStop rotors with Hawk LTS pads. They stop great but warped very easily and dust badly. Had them less than a year and am tempted to take a loss and switch to R1s and a different pad.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I used the power stop rotors X drill-slot from rock auto as the set up on our 08 Denali XL AWD had picked up a ton of brake material, also known as being warped.

Went with the Bosch quiet cast, copper free, ceramic pads and they are perfectly unnoticeable including the lack of brake dust. I’m pretty sure I found a winner here. I’ve done coated rotors and it seems the anodized will hold up and look better.

The only question I have is: why does GM not use an electronic brake sensor wear indicators instead of irritating as hell “squeakers” on a $65k vehicle? Do the caddie’s have sqeakers too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only question I have is: why does GM not use an electronic brake sensor wear indicators instead of irritating as hell “squeakers” on a $65k vehicle? Do the caddie’s have sqeakers too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because then it'd be a $70K vehicle with an irritating as hell "Service Brakes" warning chime that people would just find an easy way to disable because they're fine with inspecting the pads every 5,000-8,000 miles when they rotate the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts