Best oil pan gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 07 Yukon XL 4x4. In order to change the oil pan gasket you have to drop the differential. A $700 job.

What's the best oil pan gasket I can buy? I don't want to have to do this again any time soon.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be fine with either the FEL-PRO or AC-DELCO (OEM) gaskets.

Since you're dropping the pan, also replace the O-ring on the oil pump pick up line.

OP
OP
M

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Cobraking! I will definitely be going with the fel pros. I wish I had used those on the rest of my truck.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Np @moab.

Same as before, replace the O-ring when you have the pan dropped. The pickup line is held in place with 2-3 x 13mm bolts. The minute you remove them, the line should just drop out. This should not happen if the rubber O-ring is making a good contact.

If you're replacing the original factory gasket you may have to drill out 2 rivets as they keep the gasket in place during factory assembly (I guess).

See the link below and good luck with your project.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...pressure-by-07burb.62826/page-10#post-1072361

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the 07's are the same but on my 02 I just had to pull the mounting bolts on each side of the frame and drop the diff down without having to remove the entire thing. It wasn't too hard, there was just enough room to get the pan out. And I installed the pan gasket with the 2 pop rivets, they helped hold the gasket so it didn't move during reassembly. The Fel-Pro I used was a quality gasket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505