Best muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I love my new 2016 Suburban but it's really quiet. I loved the rumble of my 2008 Escalade it wasn't real loud or aggressive but it had a nice rumble to it. What's the best way to get that on my Suburban. Nothing obnoxious but the same as my Escalade. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best is entirely subjective. Try and listen to some videos of different exhaust setups.

OP
OP
Denali132

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Have either one of you changed your exhaust or muffler, thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done exhaust swaps on several vehicles and recommend a Magnaflow muffler to anyone looking for subtle rumble but not loud.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find if you try either.
It appears Magnaflow only lists a catback system(19040) for the XL and the cheapest price I could find is $893 with free shipping.
The best price I could find on the Corsa catback system(14749) is $947 with free shipping.
One thing to note is the Magnaflow is a 3.5" pipe and the Corsa is 3".

I don't know about on the Denali's, but on a 6.0l Pontiac the Corsa was hands down better than the Magnaflow. The droning was almost 100% non-existant with the Corsa; pretty bad with the Magnaflow.
I'd love to see someone do a test fit/comparison of both!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided I'm not doing anything to my truck in terms of exhaust, as I'll probably hand it down to my younger daughter within the next 18 months.

If you were looking only to replace a muffler, I still say that Magnaflow is a good pick for some rumble.
But if you are inclined to do the full catback, Corsa is very highly rated, mainly for the almost complete absence of drone. Let us know what you decide on.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll pickyback on your post since you have more replies.
I did the bolt mod(or whatever it is called) and oddly it is 100% what I was looking for!
I wasn't looking for a loud exhaust, just more of a V8 sound.
By opening the valve the truck now has a nice grunt to it. It sounds nice when starting cold. And you can hear the exhaust now while driving.
I didn't want anything imposing; had several trucks with loud exhausts and it gets old after a while.
Especially a 4 speed Tahoe we once had. That was painful on the highway going into a headwind.
So I would recommend giving that a try first for anyone just looking for a bit more sound.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll pickyback on your post since you have more replies.
I did the bolt mod(or whatever it is called) and oddly it is 100% what I was looking for!
I wasn't looking for a loud exhaust, just more of a V8 sound.
By opening the valve the truck now has a nice grunt to it. It sounds nice when starting cold. And you can hear the exhaust now while driving.
I didn't want anything imposing; had several trucks with loud exhausts and it gets old after a while.
Especially a 4 speed Tahoe we once had. That was painful on the highway going into a headwind.
So I would recommend giving that a try first for anyone just looking for a bit more sound.

What is the bolt mod??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh