Best handheld tuning options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run the Bully Dog BDX and tunes from 5 Star Performance on my wife's 2015 Tahoe because I use the same on my 2016 F150 with 3.5 EcoBoost.

Two programmers, two vehicles. Very happy with them and 5 Star is a class act.

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Bully Dog BDX and tunes from 5 Star Performance on my wife's 2015 Tahoe because I use the same on my 2016 F150 with 3.5 EcoBoost.

Two programmers, two vehicles. Very happy with them and 5 Star is a class act.
I have read/heard good things about the bdx but haven't seen that they support the 18's as of yet... Any Website for 5 star??

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found their site... they offer a nice option on EFI Live and offer 3 custom tunes for $449, seems like a legit option.

00Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
5 Star Guys are great. Have dealt with Unleashed and MPT and 5 Star will continue to get my business.

I just got a 3rd revision 93Perf tune (after datalogging) for my wife's truck and they nailed it. Huge improvement that you can truly feel in the seat of your pants. Heck....even their 87 Perf/Tow was a noticeable improvement over stock.

They offer good specials in some of their sub forums where they pay to advertise like on the Ecoboost forum.

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 Star Guys are great. Have dealt with Unleashed and MPT and 5 Star will continue to get my business.

I just got a 3rd revision 93Perf tune (after datalogging) for my wife's truck and they nailed it. Huge improvement that you can truly feel in the seat of your pants. Heck....even their 87 Perf/Tow was a noticeable improvement over stock.

They offer good specials in some of their sub forums where they pay to advertise like on the Ecoboost forum.
Yeah i was emailing with one of their techs yesterday and he was very informative. Currently the only option they offer for the 18's is the EFI Live set up so I'm collecting info to see what's my best and easiest route to go and give me the most bang for the buck and ease of use considering this is a big ole suv... Thank you again for the suggestion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442