Best Exhaust System????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boss and I are looking for the best exhaust system out there (not just a muffler necessarily) for our trucks to not just improve the sound quality but are really looking for the best performance out of it. I have a '02 denali 6.0 and he has a '04 GMC 2500 with I think either the 5.3 or 6.0 (not sure).
Neither one of us want the obnoxiously loud setup but would like a good deep tone with a little attitude to go with it. So....... catback or not, magnaflow, flowmaster, borla.....etc?????

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you need to keep in mind that the biggest restrictions to the stock setup are the muffler and cats. Really, for performance all you need is a good replacement muffler. But you said you wanted to go with a fully system, sooo...

Gibson makes a good product that isn't obnoxiously loud, as does Magnaflow and Corsa. But, since I'm cheap and I'm only doing a flowmaster 50 series on my rig, I can't help you with actual comparisons...just what I've read.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, actually, I am after whatever will make the most out of a custom tune, I already have the CAI just want to invest on the best exhaust setup to make some good power without being obnoxious loud!! Trying to get all my ducks in a row when it comes to upgrades for when I get on the waiting list for the blackbear tune.
So Rollin Thunder, what do you mean by "ftmfw"?

munks06denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont think 3/4 ton comes with 5.3. 6.0 is smallest engine i believe. I think getting rid of the cat or guttin it would help exhaust flow tons. Then a high flow muffler, I had a Flowmaster on my 2k z71, sounded nice at idle and under normal driving and barked when you got on it. It was a cat back system. Gonna wait till my warranty runs out on my 06 denali before I stert tweakin it tho.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Well, actually, I am after whatever will make the most out of a custom tune, I already have the CAI just want to invest on the best exhaust setup to make some good power without being obnoxious loud!! Trying to get all my ducks in a row when it comes to upgrades for when I get on the waiting list for the blackbear tune.
So Rollin Thunder, what do you mean by "ftmfw"?

For the Mother ******* Win. Meaning its like the best of the best, No drone, Great sound. Quiet when needed, but when you whromp it, she screams. :hands:

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Jenna Bear, are you saying that just a muffler of the ones you listed would be more than sufficient, or a catback system of those? Also, which of the 5 would be the most mellow tone of them? I love my denali because it has lots of power but it doesn't sound like a NASCAR!!

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, corsa is some spendy exhaust!! Do you have that system on your truck Rollin? All I can find of them is there catback system on Summit, but I do like the stainless system over conventional!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
WOW, corsa is some spendy exhaust!! Do you have that system on your truck Rollin? All I can find of them is there catback system on Summit, but I do like the stainless system over conventional!

Not on any of my current trucks. But had one on my 06 and it was bad ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne