Best Cheap/Free Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Eagle eye leds. I put them bitches on everything:anitoof:
Bright as hell and countless uses at only $1 each led.

Drl delete , added parking light - free. (Added turn signal +10 for sockets)

Debadge, demold - free.

Vinyl grille emblem overlay - $5+

Full seat recline - free

03+ footwell lights - $5

Blacked out courtesy door lights - cost of paint

watuzi

Reaction score
Replace the interior bulbs, reverse bulbs and puddle light bulbs with high-quality LED bulbs. Relatively inexpensive but a very noticeable improvement in light output and color rendering. I went with highly rated bulbs and spent about $45 for all. You can get them for less.

I replaced my awful, peeling steering wheel spokes with the brushed metal look spokes. Not much money but, damn, it makes the whole interior look better in my opinion. Think I spent about $60.

Get an Airaid M.I.T. It won't result in gobs of extra power but it sounds freakin' great under throttle. Got mine used from a forum member for about $100.

Replaced my very worn & cracked center console lid cover and now she looks new. Paid about $42.

Enjoy.
Was it easy to replace the steering wheel? I wanna change mine also

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Eagle eye leds. I put them bitches on everything:anitoof:
Bright as hell and countless uses at only $1 each led.

Drl delete , added parking light - free. (Added turn signal +10 for sockets)

Debadge, demold - free.

Vinyl grille emblem overlay - $5+

Full seat recline - free

03+ footwell lights - $5

Blacked out courtesy door lights - cost of paint

Is there a good thread you can point at for the full recline?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it easy to replace the steering wheel? I wanna change mine also
I did not replace the steering wheel, only the steering wheel spokes. It is not difficult but, as with many things, you have to pay attention to what you're doing.

In my case, I had to take the thing apart 4 times before getting it right, because I did not have the contacts which activate the horn in the right place, so each time I put it back together the horn would blare non-stop. I finally figured out what I had done wrong, re-positioned things and then it was cake. Only good news is that I can now take the steering wheel apart in no time flat. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons