Best Cheap/Free Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdnitedrftr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some of the best cheap, or free things that you have done to your truck to make them better. Performance, comfort, reliability, or whatever....

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the interior bulbs, reverse bulbs and puddle light bulbs with high-quality LED bulbs. Relatively inexpensive but a very noticeable improvement in light output and color rendering. I went with highly rated bulbs and spent about $45 for all. You can get them for less.

I replaced my awful, peeling steering wheel spokes with the brushed metal look spokes. Not much money but, damn, it makes the whole interior look better in my opinion. Think I spent about $60.

Get an Airaid M.I.T. It won't result in gobs of extra power but it sounds freakin' great under throttle. Got mine used from a forum member for about $100.

Replaced my very worn & cracked center console lid cover and now she looks new. Paid about $42.

Enjoy.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fleece performance "all on " module...$20

Pull the light fuses in the box, place formed module in the tray like a puzzle piece, place fuses back in and voila.... hit the brights and you have hi,low, and fog going... turn it off and it gos to regular low light with normal fog operation from the dash...

20 bucks for 'super brights'...:happy107:

http://fleeceperformance.com/electronics/gm-all-lights-on/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

You could also do the diode trick for a 4 hi (low-hi) for $1 from radio shack..

Eta: sav a deer whistles if you live in the countryside myself.. people say they don't work but when I drive by my little nighttime friends, that I occasionally hit before purchase, their ears are perked to the sky and they don't move a muscle... a .380 handles the problem, but it's frowned upon, like ************ on a plane.

$6 for 2 pack, and maybe saving a totaled vehicle...

Last edited:

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fleece performance "all on " module...$20

Pull the light fuses in the box, place formed module in the tray like a puzzle piece, place fuses back in and voila.... hit the brights and you have hi,low, and fog going... turn it off and it gos to regular low light with normal fog operation from the dash...

20 bucks for 'super brights'...:happy107:

http://fleeceperformance.com/electronics/gm-all-lights-on/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

You could also do the diode trick for a 4 hi (low-hi) for $1 from radio shack..

Eta: sav a deer whistles if you live in the countryside myself.. people say they don't work but when I drive by my little nighttime friends, that I occasionally hit before purchase, their ears are perked to the sky and they don't move a muscle... a .380 handles the problem, but it's frowned upon, like ************ on a plane.

$6 for 2 pack, and maybe saving a totaled vehicle...

Now that Radio Shack is pretty much gone, anyone know the part #'s and where else to buy the diodes?

That fleece performance piece is pretty slick, but not $25 slick.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my broken LT fog lights, replacing them with LED's was a 30 minute job and cost ~ $20. LED lights bolted right into the housing for the factory fogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout