BB Tune & AFE GT Intake on 15i+ Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any idle issues after installing the AFE intake. I installed the newer updated kit with plug in the bottom in my 2017 denali and I started having a rough idle. It was only rough at idle. I didn't want to put up with it so I put the stock parts and the idle smoothed back out. Anybody have any issues like that.

Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal when you did the install? I did my install without disconnecting the terminal
and wife says she's lost like 2 mpg since installing.....and she swears it isn't because she is driving it any different or faster...(hmmm?!?)
Wondering if maybe by not disconnecting the negative terminal, the computer has conflicts with the new rate of flow into the motor.
I think in some vehicles, you may need to disconnect the negative terminal to "trigger" the computer to go through the learning process over again and recalculate parameters for best performance/fuel efficiency. Anyone have any advice on that???

A while back, I did a thorough cleaning of the throttle body on my Nissan Titan and for a few days it idled rough. After 2 days of that, I disconnected the battery overnight and reconnected, and it seemed to go away after about 100 miles of driving. No issues after that.

ctide21

Reaction score
I did not disconnect the battery. AFE's instructions did not state to, although I did consider it to get the computer to relearn. When you disconnect the negative terminal, does it reset all radio settings or are they retained.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not disconnect the battery. AFE's instructions did not state to, although I did consider it to get the computer to relearn. When you disconnect the negative terminal, does it reset all radio settings or are they retained.

Actually, they do instruct you to disconnect the negative battery terminal. See the 2nd to the last bullet point in the pic below. That's why I asked. I missed it as well, and may have to do this tonight to see if the engine acts differently. Not sure if it will erase all our presets and settings.
aFe Instructions 54-74110.JPG