BB Tune & AFE GT Intake on 15i+ Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stealthall

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you try the aFe with the plug in it as well? We've run into a few trucks that were obnoxiously loud without the plug in, but toned down quite well with it installed.

Plug was always in from the get go...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug was always in from the get go...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's interesting, most don' have that issue of excess noise. Glad you found the setup you are happiest with!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, most don' have that issue of excess noise. Glad you found the setup you are happiest with!

So, if I want to see the best performance for the money is the AFE the way to go for the $ ? Just got back from a road trip and the wife said her “Beastie” needs some more punch and to order a CAI this weekend. I have the Borla on it already.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I want to see the best performance for the money is the AFE the way to go for the $ ? Just got back from a road trip and the wife said her “Beastie” needs some more punch and to order a CAI this weekend. I have the Borla on it already.
According to our testing, yes, the aFe is the way to go. If you shoot us an email to parts@black bearperformance.com, we will let you know if there are any specials or discounts going on that can be taken advantage of.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to our testing, yes, the aFe is the way to go. If you shoot us an email to parts@black bearperformance.com, we will let you know if there are any specials or discounts going on that can be taken advantage of.

Thanks Justin,
I will send you guys an email to get pricing. Thanks!

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, happy to help.
Stealthall, got the truck and installed the AFE (finally). Reminder, I went with part number 51-74110 which is a little different than your design...the plug in this one is in the bottom of the housing instead of the front.
I installed it with the plug in and, under normal throttle, I can’t tell a noise difference at all compared to stock. Honestly this is the quietest AFE system I’ve ever installed (07 Yukon, 07 2500 duramax, 13 suburban and 14 Silverado with the 6.2). Could be the active noise cancelling in the Yukon, but I honestly think it is just quieter than previous models. I know these rigs have much better insulation than previous models as well. Under heavy acceleration it sounds much throatier but still not a nuisance. Even under heavy throttle it is still much quieter than previous models under normal acceleration. So far what I notice are shifts points occur at a lower rpm and there is a little better low end torque. All in all, happy with the set up. Borla gets installed Monday .

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so wow, I have noticed some difference with the aFe installed! Instead of getting the 104 version, I ordered
the aFe 54-74110 updated version for the GM SUV's. It doesn't seem loud to me or the wife at all, and that's without the plug installed.
In fact the wife complained because the Borla got quieter at idle......(not sure I agree). She said she missed the deep rumble idling.....:emotions33:

When she took off from a stop under load the exhaust got fierce:evillol: for a few seconds........
BUT, since it got up to speed quicker, it got quiet sooner:banghead:...........

so it is a start and works great for the giddy up, but the wife says her "Beastie has more bite, but not as
much bark"........I told her to just hit the gas pedal harder....:beer:......and let me do the BB tune when the warranty runs out!!!

ctide21

Reaction score
Has anybody had any idle issues after installing the AFE intake. I installed the newer updated kit with plug in the bottom in my 2017 denali and I started having a rough idle. It was only rough at idle. I didn't want to put up with it so I put the stock parts and the idle smoothed back out. Anybody have any issues like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts