Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 15 Tahoe to get an oil change today. Dealer said the battery is failing. The battery is very expensive, around $350. Anyone else had to replace their battery?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine replaced already but it was under warranty and didn't cost anything.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I just chalked it up to having at the time gone through 2 Arizona summers, which usually do a number on any car battery I've had.

OP
OP
malones99

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, $350? WTH? Is that normal these days?
I know! I even check AutoZone, and they were at $215. I'm not convinced, I hear a grinding noise in the morning when I turn it on (push button), and they said it was the battery. No check engine, no nothing. Hummmmmm

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only so many companies that manufacture batteries in the USA. Ac delco is one on them.

I usually replace my battery when I first get my Tahoe with an ac delco gold. More cca more reserve capacity. And a longer warranty.
I'd check what they are giving you vs what you have. It just might be a better battery.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only so many companies that manufacture batteries in the USA. Ac delco is one on them.
You're right - very few manufacturers...but AC Delco is not one. Its batteries are most likely made by a Johnson Controls owned or controlled company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts