battery not charging light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like if I want a new Delco, it's going to be a dealer only item. Called a dealer, it's $645+tax +65core.

Given this info, I'm thinking New, lifetime, Duralast altornator.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get creative, go to audio/video forum, or try a car audio/video enthusiast site, and see what people are running. My money says they have some decent alternators pushing their gear. Oh! And I don't know what year they started building PPV Tahoes, but I'd bet an alternator from one of those would work.

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit man, i dont want to get too involved in this. At the end of the day its just an alternator. I am also having my 1st kid soon, and I have a laundry list of project to get done around the house before my daughter is born.

Auto Zone has a lifetime warranty on their 145amp alternator for 165$. I'm going to to keep it simple.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit man, i dont want to get too involved in this. At the end of the day its just an alternator. I am also having my 1st kid soon, and I have a laundry list of project to get done around the house before my daughter is born.

Auto Zone has a lifetime warranty on their 145amp alternator for 165$. I'm going to to keep it simple.
Sorry. Good luck, in any case.

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking to get the input from some tahoe vets. I want Delco, but not rebuilt.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember that I used to do it but don't remember what I did. Back in the day, I would buy rebuild kits and just take my alternators apart and replace the worn parts, I wanted to keep those collector cars as original as possible and had had bad experiences with parts store remans until my mentors taught me their ways. After each was rebuilt I don't recall them ever failing again.

If this truck's should go and I'm not stuck on the road away from home, that is the route i'll take, if I remember! LOL

OP
OP
J

Jon Chimpo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the future I might do that on my BMW, that's more of a future collector car. My Tahoe will never become a collector.

Bought the Duralast with the lifetime warranty. Installed it in 30 min, done deal.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the Duralast with the lifetime warranty. Installed it in 30 min, done deal.
Cool!
I remember that I used to do it but don't remember what I did. Back in the day, I would buy rebuild kits and just take my alternators apart and replace the worn parts, I wanted to keep those collector cars as original as possible and had had bad experiences with parts store remans until my mentors taught me their ways. After each was rebuilt I don't recall them ever failing again.

My Suburban might be a collector's item -- it's a Quadrasteer. But I digress.