Battery # 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In Canada all ppv have two batteries in fact the crown Vic's had a second battery installed in the trunk. Not sure how they are wired but all the police accessories, lights, computer, camera system, radar, suck up the juice. One battery for the equipment one for the vehicle. But if parked running with all the equipment on, battery still discharges and equipment shuts down. Oh the days when all you had was a radio n roof light.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2007 to 2014 Tahoe PPV, the OEM dual batteries are connected in parallel, no isolator relay. It should be a simple job.

Started from 2015 PPV, the dual-battery are connected in parallel with an isolator relay. When the engine is not running, only ONE battery supplies electric to all accessories.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet we still find our competitors wiring equipment directly to the main battery instead of using the beautiful factory supplied wiring harnesses which allow it to be wired into the accessory battery inside and allow you to safely fuse them with a nice fuse block.
But that's too hard for some.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to eliminate the excess weight of the 2nd battery on the LF, but not sure how to proceed?

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 Tahoe was only used in the winter, and I never had a problem with one battery.
Long story, but ended up paying for a battery that I did not need, and put the second tray in so I would not feel so bad about having the battery laying around... :)

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2007 to 2014 Tahoe PPV, the OEM dual batteries are connected in parallel, no isolator relay. It should be a simple job.

Started from 2015 PPV, the dual-battery are connected in parallel with an isolator relay. When the engine is not running, only ONE battery supplies electric to all accessories.
That's how our '12 9C1 Caprice is wired. I have a small secondary battery on the passenger side to serve as a jump start source should I ever need one.

I added a second battery to our 75 C30 Crew Cab. That tripled the life of the starter trying to turn over that 454.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14