Barn door not opening on driver's side...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to open the barn doors last night to load some groceries and the driver's side door would not open. The latch popped like normal, but it sounds as if the rod that goes from the handle to the top latch has come off. I can hear it rattling around inside the door when I shut the other side. So, any tips on how to remove the interior trim when the door will not open. I got all of the screws off of the plastic trim around the window, but cannot figure out how to actually remove the panel! Does the felt panel below the glass have to come off first? If so, how does this come off? I'm guessing all that happened was the rod has come off of the latch? I know this happened to our previous Tahoes but I was not the one that fixed it. Any help is appreciated.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek, sorry for the problem, you can remove the trim panel by using a putty knife and slide it in close to the top and twist the knife until it pops loose, then slide down to the next one and do the same. A large screwdriver will help in popping out the clips. Don't worry about the right side, it's ok fastened, the panel will flex enough for access to the latch. Good luck.
David g.............:2cents:

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek, sorry for the problem, you can remove the trim panel by using a putty knife and slide it in close to the top and twist the knife until it pops loose, then slide down to the next one and do the same. A large screwdriver will help in popping out the clips. Don't worry about the right side, it's ok fastened, the panel will flex enough for access to the latch. Good luck.
David g.............:2cents:

Thanks for the help. I actually have a set of trim removal tools so that might make it easier. So just to clarify, take the lower fabric parcel off first and then remove the plastic trim around the window? Any idea what could have come off? I can heard the rod in there moving around. I'm hoping it just popped off of the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3