BAMF Pri's 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where I will keep the build of my GF new to her tahoe. She got it about a week and a half ago and really just been driving it. She has some ideas that she wants to do to it that I have already taken care of. Main thing she needs to decide is whether she want's to lift or lower it. Its 2wd so imo lower it but she is undecided.

Here are some pictures when she first got it and some after she lift it with me for the weekend.

1 by James Pate, on Flickr

2 by James Pate, on Flickr

3 by James Pate, on Flickr

4 by James Pate, on Flickr

5 by James Pate, on Flickr

6 by James Pate, on Flickr

7 by James Pate, on Flickr

She ordered clear headlights and running lights. So I put them in and installed some hids and leds that I had laying around

Untitled by James Pate, on Flickr

Then had some leds for the interior that I put in as well

Also had some red leds for the break and rear turn signals so through those in. She complained that at night she couldn't see much when backing up. Didn't have any bulbs to replace the factory lights so I installed some led cubes underneath.

She also didn't like the amber on the tail lights, said they looked like a traffic light lol. So candied them and debadged the gate

Last but not least she wanted the steps, the moldings, and the pinstripe removed so I did that and gave it a quick wash and wax

And then to try and persuade her lol

The passenger fog light melted and turned it amber from water getting into it so she said she wanted to get a z71 valance and fogs. So that will be addressed.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice changes already and getting that rear wiper off :) will be good. Gotta go down with that Tahoe man. Too many other lifted trucks sitting around your house. You have a blank palette to work with and clean too. Reminds me of how mine looked all naked and OEM. Rubbing hands with excitement to see how you go.
@73impala

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the other side, Patty.

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score

^^^ She is the owner.

Nice changes already and getting that rear wiper off :) will be good. Gotta go down with that Tahoe man. Too many other lifted trucks sitting around your house. You have a blank palette to work with and clean too. Reminds me of how mine looked all naked and OEM. Rubbing hands with excitement to see how you go.
@73impala

Haha yea wwe like our lifted trucks thats for sure. I've been dying for a lowered one. We'll see what she wants. If its to go low I am thinking the norcal 3/5-6 or the 4-5/5-6. The rear wiper delete will clean the rear up big time!

Welcome to the other side, Patty.

Hey Derek!! :beer: Been a member on here for a little bit, just never had anything to post lol

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread needs more bagged Tahoes :imo: