Bad rear AC actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I start up my truck (04 Escalade) there is a loud clicking sound from the passenger rear panel inside the lift gate only lasts maybe 30-60 seconds from what I gather it's a bad actuator for the rear AC? Has anyone else had this issue? And is it an easy part to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I start up my truck (04 Escalade) there is a loud clicking sound from the passenger rear panel inside the lift gate only lasts maybe 30-60 seconds from what I gather it's a bad actuator for the rear AC? Has anyone else had this issue? And is it an easy part to replace?
I also have replacing the rear blend door actuator on my to-do list. It seems like it is a fairly common problem for these vehicles, and we're all starting to reach the point where they are starting to fail. I've already replaced the front passenger blend door actuator and that was a real project to get to. The rear one looks simple in comparison. I watched a few youtube videos, this one gives a nice clear overview of the system. There are others that show the steps to removing the interior to get to the system.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have replacing the rear blend door actuator on my to-do list. It seems like it is a fairly common problem for these vehicles, and we're all starting to reach the point where they are starting to fail. I've already replaced the front passenger blend door actuator and that was a real project to get to. The rear one looks simple in comparison. I watched a few youtube videos, this one gives a nice clear overview of the system. There are others that show the steps to removing the interior to get to the system.

Thanks figured it couldn't be too hard after you remove that panel, is it the actuator or this? Read somewhere it could be this too

3803db066384841b75e7b122b8f6f0b8.jpg

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to go on, but since you hear a noise it seems like the module is telling the actuator to move but there is likely a damaged gear inside the actuator. That was the issue with my front passenger actuator, I could hear it clicking under the dash but the A/C was blowing full blast heat.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's stupid easy. GM did this one right. Just have to remove the right rear plastics its right there.

Jamesd546

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where are the front actuators? I've been hearing a clicking noise from behind the dash lately. Yesterday my front vents were blasting me with heat even though the ac was on and temp to 60.

I pulled over and shut the Tahoe off, restarted, tried the hvac and everything worked normal again.

I drive around Sacramento, Ca area for Lyft with my Tahoe...can't keep pulling over with passengers. That's the type of stuff that kills a 5 rating!

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending which side is blowing hot, if it's the passenger side... where you see the wire harness towards the upper left in the picture. That actuator is you culprit.

IMG_2980.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts