Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Csurp

Reaction score
Last night when I went to back up the display screen went so bright from the camera that I lost my night vision.

It seems that this is a known issue?

Any advice?

TY

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night when I went to back up the display screen went so bright from the camera that I lost my night vision.

It seems that this is a known issue?

Any advice?

TY
Is it a 2017? I know it is different from the 2016 models.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have figured out at least part of the problem. When you put the truck into reverse, the screen brightens before the camera is displayed on the screen. When you put it back into drive or park, the screen dims back. I wonder if there is a programing issue where the screen is not programmed to operate in night-mode when the transmission select lever is placed into reverse.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have figured out at least part of the problem. When you put the truck into reverse, the screen brightens before the camera is displayed on the screen. When you put it back into drive or park, the screen dims back. I wonder if there is a programing issue where the screen is not programmed to operate in night-mode when the transmission select lever is placed into reverse.
I went to the dealer last night and looked at a 2018 Suburban LT and it did NOT have the issue. Obviously, GM has figured out a solution to the problem.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called. A service bulletin as issued back in November to address this matter. I will be picking up the truck tomorrow and will be getting additional information on the bulletin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts