Backup Camera Factory NAV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got an '05 Escalade ESV Plat. I want to add a backup camera that hopefully interfaces with the stock touchscreen NAV headunit.

Please tell me what I need for this?

Thank you!

I also would like to add handsfree calling/bluetooth if that is possible.

Jeez is it just cheaper to get a decent double din H/U? I've found something for $200 just for the camera interface...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a product that satisfies most of the criteria mentioned about except it requires and separate, additional microphone. It's called iSimple Connect. Model ISGM655. I retained all factory capabilities with the Bose and RES except for XM and I think they have an optional module that even keeps that functionality. This $100 kit on Amazon gave me bluetooth so I can listen to Pandora, handsfree calling, USB and a 3.5 plug. I just installed it today. Took me half the day as the guy who worked on the dash prior to me buying this 03' Yukon XL trapped the wires behind the Bose headunit and it took me forever to be able to get my hands behind it to disconnect the wires. After that it was pretty straight forward installation. Sounds great!

This looks promising for bluetooth. $120 is doable...

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks promising for bluetooth. $120 is doable...
I installed the iSimple GM655 as well and I highly recommend it. Works great and I was able to install everything in an hour or so because my wires were in the stock location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got an '05 Escalade ESV Plat. I want to add a backup camera that hopefully interfaces with the stock touchscreen NAV headunit.

Please tell me what I need for this?

Thank you!

I also would like to add handsfree calling/bluetooth if that is possible.

Jeez is it just cheaper to get a decent double din H/U? I've found something for $200 just for the camera interface...
As far as the backup camera, the cheapest way to go about it is around $200. So if you want rear view/Bluetooth it'll be around $350 so I would just recommend getting a pioneer 4100nex. They're like $380 and work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan