Back window rattle is annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
I too just purchased a 2017 Yukon and am experiencing the rear window rattling periodically.
Let me know what you find out..... I haven’t messed with mine yet but I will get to it sometime this week.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced this today. Sort of a shimme. I opened the rear window by itself. I was able to shake the window side to side. I was not able to do this on a 16 Tahoe. To me it seemed that one of the hinges had a extra space that the other side did not

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
I experienced this today. Sort of a shimme. I opened the rear window by itself. I was able to shake the window side to side. I was not able to do this on a 16 Tahoe. To me it seemed that one of the hinges had a extra space that the other side did not
Exactly...... I didn’t mess with the hinges but I have yet to figure this out. Did you have any luck

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time I go in for an oil change I’ll ask the dealer. I’ve never experienced it before. I’m thinking a rubber washer of some sort.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 2012 rear glass hinge has a little play on one side, a shim would work better than a rubber washer at least in the long run, all you have to do is remove the C clip holding it in place slide it over a bit and put the shim on and slide it back and put the clip back on, might have to take the 3rd brakelight housing off first to give it room to move. you might have to make a trip to a real hardware store, lowe's and home depot are a joke in that department.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today. They tried to say that there was a piece of molding that came loose. The tech drove the car and heard the noise but after the “repair” he did not hear it again.
Then I went to check. I shook the left side of the glass to show it wasn’t fixed.

Some pics84D713C0-2479-419E-9ACE-194F119A24E5.jpeg84D713C0-2479-419E-9ACE-194F119A24E5.jpeg 2E10AFA7-5966-46BD-960C-F60428EDE58A.jpeg

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third pic is of the new trucks hinge. The blue one.

The first two or red ones are from my other tahoe that’s fine.

While I was there the service mgr and I checked a 2018 Tahoe that was also fine.

Tomorrow they will change the rear glass and hinge. Personally I think a rubber washer or o ring in that extra space you see between the hinge pieces will solve the problem.

Note that the pin on the left has a grove cut into it for the c clip to the far left. The other clips, have the c clips almost touching the hinge

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
The third pic is of the new trucks hinge. The blue one.

The first two or red ones are from my other tahoe that’s fine.

While I was there the service mgr and I checked a 2018 Tahoe that was also fine.

Tomorrow they will change the rear glass and hinge. Personally I think a rubber washer or o ring in that extra space you see between the hinge pieces will solve the problem.

Note that the pin on the left has a grove cut into it for the c clip to the far left. The other clips, have the c clips almost touching the hinge
Did they change the glass???? Updates???

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did change the glass and frame. Unfortunately the new glass has a scratch and they have to do it again. The new glass still shakes a little. I wondering if the pin is a different size.

Still waiting for the third glass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts