Back to Autoride School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I considered going to regular shocks last summer when my rear auto ride was shot. But I decided that since I tow during the summer months, I wanted to keep the auto leveling feature. So I stuck with air ride. My passenger side replacement blew out and had to replace it in June, again after just a year since the initial replacement stuff. I thought I had bought arnott shocks for the replacements tin June, turns out they’re knock offs, but for now they are holding up so I guess it’s ok. I replaced my fronts with arnotts, because I ordered those directly from them. Over all my truck is riding pretty nice. I don’t have too much body roll, or nose diving on quick stops, but I may look into the sway bars mentioned above, cuz my truck is over 100k on the clock now so I’m sure it’ll be time to start replacing some of that stuff soon.

im right there with ya. i just found it hard to believe a solid sway bar could be so much better via aftermarket. i saw threads here praising the hell out of the Eibach sway kit. I also hear about the panhard etc.. And i am also sick of staring at the "service auto ride" message everytime i start the truck.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My autoride felt like it was on full stiff lots of times, so when i dumped it, i couldnt help but be happy with the improvement.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@01ssreda4

Maybe the shocks were just trashed, for sure if you were still riding on the shocks original to the truck.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Denali has 302K on the clock and the aurotide wasnt working when I got it Dec '16. I first had to completely rebuild the frontend suspension (expect autoride work). Next summer I am tackling a full autoride rebuild. Im in the frame of mind to keep the system since it is a premium setup and its only $$. I plan to keep the Denali for atleast another 6yrs + and probably will throw a rebuilt 6.0L in it late next year or 2019. I prefer to not have a car payment so I put my money into my vehicles instead. When the frames rust in half then...

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
so what's the best shocks for an 06 Denali without replacing autoride shocks but heavy duty enough to not have front end sounding loosy goosey over bumps anf vhewing up tires from bouncing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal