Back to almost new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got 3 kids and 3 dogs. The only time our place is clean is when we have company coming. The only real thing that drives me nuts are dirty dishes in the sink and clothes left in the dryer.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol

Two kids and no pets here. Older kid off at college most of each year, and she happens to be somewhat OCD on organization and cleanliness. Her bedroom looks like what you see in a model home.

Younger one is all over the place, in distinct contrast---she's clean but she leaves a gory trail in her path, and her bedroom typically looks like a crime scene. Really.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I love detailing. It takes me a whole weekend to get it to my standards. From waxing to dusting the AC vents. Sounds stupid, but I find it relaxing.
I'm right there with you! Even though I do it for a living, getting home and detailing my denali is so much more relaxing and I love every minute of it!

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oldest on is in college too. Have 16 year old twins, my daughter is a clean freak, but my son is the exact opposite. Teaching them to drive in the NoVa has added a lot of gray hairs

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Finally got time to detail my ride after a long Winter and Rainy Spring

I clay barred it with the Meguiars kit ( used both clay bars ) and waxed it with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax. I liked the Trinova wax I got. I think the Trinova may work a little better on darker color paint, but both take the same amount of time to apply and remove.

For the interior, I used the Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. It was the first time I've ever used it ( used Armor All and Alexis in the past ) and have to say that I was presently surprised how well it worked. It gives it that shiny look, but no slippery feel. I even cleaned and wiped down the steering wheel.

For the engine bay, I warmed up the motor a little and sprayed it down with Greased Lighting, let it sit for a couple of minutes and hosed off.

For the tires I used Black Magic Tire Gel. I can usually get a couple of weeks with one application, even if it rains. You just have to make sure to really wipe them down with a clean rag to keep it from slinging

To finish it off, I put on my yearly application of Aquapel on the windshield. The rest of the glass was cleaned with Sprayway glass cleaner, I love the way it doesn't leave any streaks.

Didn't come out half bad for a 17 year old truck with 80K miles.

View attachment 84458 View attachment 84459 View attachment 84460 View attachment 84461 View attachment 84462
Shit I would be proud of that !!!looks fantastic And 80k !!!! Bonus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9