back seat problamo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darin95yuk

Reaction score
my f-ing back seat on driver side wont unlatch so i can fold it up! has anybody had this problem i cant get to the thing you pull up on the mega **** who i got my yuk from was one of those guys who just seemed to thrash everything and its all fixed but that...DAMN IT!!!! somebody else has to have this problem!!!:emotions122:

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my moms yukon has that problem. the little finger holder thing for that latch ripped off and left a bare metal wire. so anytime i need to pull the seat up i grab a pair of plyers and pull the wire up, then the seat.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that, when I finally did get it to unlatch I cut that bar out so it doesn't lock in the down position anymore ...

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my f-ing back seat on driver side wont unlatch so i can fold it up! has anybody had this problem i cant get to the thing you pull up on the mega **** who i got my yuk from was one of those guys who just seemed to thrash everything and its all fixed but that...DAMN IT!!!! somebody else has to have this problem!!!:emotions122:

There is a seat release cable that is probably streched or broken. Essentially what it does is when you pull up the seat bottom (to fold the back down), it releases the top part of the seat to come down.

You might be able to find them in a junk yard, but they probably won't be too much better than what you already have. They are still available at the dealer. Just give them your vin# and they should be able to find it.

Otherwise, drop me a PM. I'm a GM parts guy and I'll take care of you. :Handshake:

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
sweet thanks guys ill try the plier deal and if it dont work ill pm ya diller

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing! Only, I had nothing much to grab. Wound up using needle nose pliers to get in there and grab what was left and get it to release. I covered the bar so it wont re-latch. I like that idea of the cut out because if it was to latch again not sure there's anything at all left to grab in there to get it to release again..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtDawg77