Back End Squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Ellingson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali, test drive was great!

When I was driving home I turned on my gravel road and went over a bump. All of a sudden a loud and painful sound came from the rear end. As soon as i stopped and began to drive again it went away.

It did the exact same thing about and hour later when I started driving again after it had sat for awhile

I have test the suspension going over bumps and curbs. Even drove on the sidewalk and it feels and works great with no sounds

What could be the cause of this sound that happens all of a sudden? My first guess was something to do with the rear suspension. I’m not to familiar with anything on it so I thought i ask

Any thoughts?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be rear sway bar D bushings they need to be lubed once in a while, easy to do, just have the truck on the ground or on ramps, unbolt the d bushings (10mm), remove the bushings and coat the inside with some lithium grease and put them back on, tighten to about 25lbs I recommend using some blue threadlocker on the bolts as they have a tendency to work there way out otherwise.
if that's not it then check your shocks, brakes, jump on the bumper or something, lol

OP
OP
J

Josh Ellingson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be rear sway bar D bushings they need to be lubed once in a while, easy to do, just have the truck on the ground or on ramps, unbolt the d bushings (10mm), remove the bushings and coat the inside with some lithium grease and put them back on, tighten to about 25lbs I recommend using some blue threadlocker on the bolts as they have a tendency to work there way out otherwise.
if that's not it then check your shocks, brakes, jump on the bumper or something, lol

Thank you! I take a look at it today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442