Baby cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
i wanted to share with you guys the install I did on our Tahoe. You guys with kids know that those mirrors you mount on the headrests suck at trying to see your rear facing baby. I came up with a pretty slick way for us to see our now 8month old. It's been installed for a few months but I'm just now taking pictures of it. I started with a kenwood ddx9903 unit. I installed it with maestro to retain Bose, steering wheel controls, and gives me gauges and other stuff. Since our Tahoe is an 08, I bought a newer Tahoe USB input and swapped out one of the 12Volt outlets. This unit offers front and rear camera inputs. I used the rear input to my oem camera. For the front camera I mounted a small license plate cam between the seat and the headrest. To activate it all I have to do is hit the "cam" button on the front of the radio and we can see Will while we are driving. Once he goes into a forward facing seat I'll install that cam on the front of the Tahoe.

IMG_3238.JPG IMG_3239.JPG IMG_3240.JPG IMG_3241.JPG

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going to hide one in the 3rd row and tell my kids 'i have eyes on the back of my head' and every time they do something sneaky and duck when i look in the rear view ill bust them.....lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Im going to hide one in the 3rd row and tell my kids 'i have eyes on the back of my head' and every time they do something sneaky and duck when i look in the rear view ill bust them.....lol

Mount it under the glove box and tell the Mrs. short skirts only... Just don't hit the button with the kids in the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts