Aux Transmission Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfrainlCazares

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 11 Denali as well, AWD, my temps jumped to 228 transmission and 230 motor...I was worried. GM told me it was normal, but to be safe I got an additional transmission cooler and put in right in with the one on the Denali. I hauled my 30ft travel trailer from Central Texas to AZ and with standard radiator, motor jumped to 220, but transmission did not go above 201 at 90 degrees and slight incline. I installed a three core Griffin radiator and temp went down a few degrees, transmission stayed at 180 when I hauled a Silverado two weeks ago.

norcalboon

Reaction score
I recently added the Tru Cool 40K to my '05 Yukon XL 2WD and just pulled our 6,000 lb TT 3 hours over hills in 80 degrees and trans temp never got above 155. I'm in Northern California.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't have a factory cooler and I hit 200+ on the interstate towing air.

I put a cooler in and now rarely see temps over 170 and the thermostat keeps it above 150.

I'd put in a larger cooler and a thermostatic bypass. It will give you some more clearance between you and transmission death.

EfrainlCazares

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After hauling a car from Central Texas to AZ, engine temp did not move at from the normal running temperature after adding a Griffin three core radiator. Looked at tranny fluid yesterday and still cherry red as if new fluid was added! Adding an additional transmission fluid cooler and three core radiator helped!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods