AutoRide question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledlow

Reaction score
Need some advice...

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with 62,000 miles that a bought a year ago. I haven't paid too much attention to it because I bought it for my girlfriend to drive. She is driving something else now and I want to start slowly modding it. It is in great shape but the rear suspension is not right. It has auto ride and when I inspected the suspension it is visually saturated with oil. I suspect the previous owner trailered something with it because the truck has a "brake booster" system on it. I eventually want to lower it (2/4) and put 24" wheels on it. I like the idea of the auto ride but don't want to spend an arm/leg to restore it. How much am I looking at to repair the rear suspension or should I just abondon the autoride?

My previous car was a 2007 Avalanche...regret getting rid of it.

Attachments

• CIMG0206.jpg
    CIMG0206.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 42

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your autoride air shocks are blown. You can get Arnott replacement shocks that aren't for autoride and just disengage the whole autoride system. Rockauto.com is a vendor on here that sells em for cheap. check em out!

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My previous car was a 2007 Avalanche...regret getting rid of it.

Off topic, but that looked like a nice avalanche. Can't believe they are not making them anymore. Don't know what I'd do without mine.

Good luck with the Tahoe.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can put regular shocks on and get resistors

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im still lagging i have the boxes from arnott just been so busy on weekends doing trucks and my ctsv havent had time to work on escalade.

OP
OP
ledlow

ledlow

Reaction score
Picked up the shocks yesterday from Arnott and installed same day...what a difference in the ride.

OP
OP
ledlow

ledlow

Reaction score
As soon as I figure out what wheels I want I will be hitting you up Tony for suspension.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Oh, forgot to mention...Arnott gives a 10% military discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts