Autoride Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to drop my LTZ. Asked the local wheel/suspension shop, about dropping it, and they said they couldn't do anything due to the auto ride. I know you can drop it regardless of auto ride or not. Just wanted some input, as I have no knowledge of suspension. I know there are belltech kits out there, but I have no idea what I would need. Detailed response please. Thanks in advance.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking to drop my LTZ. Asked the local wheel/suspension shop, about dropping it, and they said they couldn't do anything due to the auto ride. I know you can drop it regardless of auto ride or not. Just wanted some input, as I have no knowledge of suspension. I know there are belltech kits out there, but I have no idea what I would need. Detailed response please. Thanks in advance.

This is all you need
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

I just bought a new escalade and will be installing the same kit in that. Ive been using that drop kit on 07 up trucks since late 06 and the autoride still wroks fine.

IN front is spindles so nothing changes on shock stroke

In rear the kit I sell has
drop springs
new shorter autoride links (so system doesnt keep airing up)
rear shock extenders (needed to shocks dont get damaged and lets the entire autoride rear shock work right)
also has 1 inch spacers if you want to keep a little rake on the truck

Anything else just ask. I not only sell the items but also install them so can help you either way 24/7 im around to help.

Tony

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Detailed response? Have you read ANY of the posts in this section? I see you're new... But, it's all right here.

In a nutshell:

1. The local shop doesn't know what it's talking about.
2. Order the Belltech 2/3 kit from Tony and call it a day.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Detailed response? Have you read ANY of the posts in this section? I see you're new... But, it's all right here.

In a nutshell:

1. The local shop doesn't know what it's talking about.
2. Order the Belltech 2/3 kit from Tony and call it a day.

Ditto. I was going to say to go somewhere else on top of that.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. We have to give detailed responses, then this guy never follows up...

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KMeloney,
Your Tahoe looks nice. Did you lower both the front and back? I am about to put 22's on my LTZ and would like to drop it as well. Can you send me some pics of your ride so I can see if that is what I want? Thx!
[email protected]

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, lowered front and rear. Spindles in the front, springs in the rear. I'll send you some pics.

Thanks!

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Kmeloney, send me a PM about your brakes...id like to know more where you got them etc etc...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got them from Blackbear Performance (vendor on here). I run the same set and Tony (NorCalSS) just got them too, simply badass cannot sum it up well enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9