Autoride Links Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJsBusaRox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Jesse and it's my first thread/post. Didn't want to start a thread but could not find anything to answer my question.

I have a 2012 Denali XL that I've had since July and had a shop install the Belltech 2/3-4 kit a month later. I started bottoming out recently and I think it's because my links were cut too short by the shop. Bracket is still in place, no spacers, replaced OE bump stop with the one that came with the kit.

I'm going to change the links to make it longer to avoid bottoming out. My question is, can the truck be on all fours while changing the links or does it have to be jacked up and wheels removed to do it? May seem like a dumb question but I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

Also, my Service Suspension Light comes on most of the time and sometimes it doesn't. Cold this be because of the links? I've made sure the links were secure and in place but the light still comes on.

If you have better ideas or solutions to fix these issues, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Jesse

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

BTW, here's pics of my rides.

2a9tg8n.jpg

2i79r85.jpg

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Nice rides indeed!

If you're planning on playing with the rear links, just jack up the rear by the diff and remove the wheels. You'll be able to access the links easily and make the necessary adjustments without biting your tongue or swearing. You can also simply jack up one side of the vehicle enough by the frame until you can access the links as well... you'll just have to do one side at a time. Honestly, The last couple times I messed with the links, I just jacked up one side. It's pretty quick and easy.

Out of curiosity, what lengths are your links set at currently and do you have any lean running no spacer? I have the links on my Suburban set at just about 2.75 on both sides from. Reason I asked about the spacer, I'm running the spacer on the drivers side to eliminate the gm lean.

OP
OP
J

JJsBusaRox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Brian, I think the links are set to a little less than 2.5 and no spacers. As far as the lean goes, I haven't really noticed it so it doesn't bug me.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
10x24 3 inch machine screw
cut off the ends and just screw it into the caps and cut it so its 3 inches from center/center

Also if you cut the rear bracket off the frame you can keep it at the height you have now without any problems.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your compressor is shot, when i got the service suspension warning it was because the truck would call for the compressor to turn on and it wouldn't. check to see if it comes on at all after a long time parked. if it doesent its probably gone. this will affect your ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar