Autoride delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Guess I'll just have to get under there and look at my plumbing.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if they're T-ed together, then wouldn't the air from one bag be forced into the other bag during cornering? In a turn with the vehicle leaning, the outside bag would be squashed more while the inside bag was inflated more. This would increase and hold the body lean until the vehicle was out of the turn and the air equalized again.

Or am I not understanding something?

Yes thats correct, to a degree. Remember the swaybar still works even when the bags are aired up so side to side motion will still be limited but not as firm as straight line stuff. These are definitely not a complete load control assistance deal, just a little helping hand.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...These are definitely not a complete load control assistance deal, just a little helping hand.

When you put it in that perspective, it makes more sense to me. Thanks.

I've never used them personally. I have some Air Lift bags that came with my drop coils in case I needed them, but I doubt I will.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it some more and realized, properly loaded, I aint going around any curves thats gonna cause any real side loading anyway.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well I've had the bags at 0 psi since I bought the truck. My first helper set up so I don't know how well they work. Never towed anything yet, don't plan on towing as I own no toys lol

kebm

Reaction score
Well I've had the bags at 0 psi since I bought the truck. My first helper set up so I don't know how well they work. Never towed anything yet, don't plan on towing as I own no toys lol
When I had airlift bags (inside of a coil spring), the instructions said that they needed a minimum (I think it was 10psi or so) pressure to keep them from chafing or getting pinched.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
When I had airlift bags (inside of a coil spring), the instructions said that they needed a minimum (I think it was 10psi or so) pressure to keep them from chafing or getting pinched.
Oh snap , I'll look into that. Thanks.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Absolutely correct, there is a minimum recommended pressure.