Autoride cornering package question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAXIMUM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tony, I have been reading about your lowering / cornering package for the 07+ autoride vehicles...and I have some questions.

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with the Autoride suspension. I drive a lot on the fairly straight streets and highways of the Denver Metro area...but I live 15 miles up a twisty canyon road west of Denver. I occasionally drive on some off road trails around my house...not too aggressive...and a few times a year we get snow dumped on us (20-36") which I have to drive through.

I want to at least take care of the sway with the DJM sway bars...but I also would not mind lowering it some to achieve better handling as long as I am still able to accomplish my other duties.

So my questions are:

1. Do you just have the one kit for Autorides? Or is there another one with less drop that would be a better compromise for me? Or maybe the 2/3-4 kit will be fine. Would i give up any highway comfort with your kit? advice is appreciated.

2. How much work is involved with installing this kit? Any special tools needed? I haven't done suspension work before (except for motorcycles)...can I expect to be able to install it myself? If I choose not to do the work...how much would I expect to pay some to do it for me?

Thanks for your help!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony, I have been reading about your lowering / cornering package for the 07+ autoride vehicles...and I have some questions.

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with the Autoride suspension. I drive a lot on the fairly straight streets and highways of the Denver Metro area...but I live 15 miles up a twisty canyon road west of Denver. I occasionally drive on some off road trails around my house...not too aggressive...and a few times a year we get snow dumped on us (20-36") which I have to drive through.

I want to at least take care of the sway with the DJM sway bars...but I also would not mind lowering it some to achieve better handling as long as I am still able to accomplish my other duties.

So my questions are:

1. Do you just have the one kit for Autorides? Or is there another one with less drop that would be a better compromise for me? Or maybe the 2/3-4 kit will be fine. Would i give up any highway comfort with your kit? advice is appreciated.

2. How much work is involved with installing this kit? Any special tools needed? I haven't done suspension work before (except for motorcycles)...can I expect to be able to install it myself? If I choose not to do the work...how much would I expect to pay some to do it for me?

Thanks for your help!

even with the 2/3-4 kit you still have more than enough ground clearance on the thing. I did my truck 2.75/3.75 with autoride and I tow my ctsv with it with no issues.

the kit is very easy to install. All bolts in and if your 2wd front will be cake. If its 4x4 then you have to get a 36mm socket to take the axle nuts off in front nothing crazy there.

The truck with the springs is less bouncy it is a stiffer ride but nothing bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz