Autoride conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckshot jones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The autoride on my Tahoe is shot. Am I able to just buy regular struts and shocks? I just don't see what a conversion kit would do different besides the resistor deal for the warning light

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define "Shot"? Until recently the first problem was you had to pay a dealer to read the codes. My 2005 Yuki Denali was a mess. Previous owner removed the shocks, put in crap, pump did not work and so on. iCarsoft makes a scanner for GM. Paid $113 on Amazon. It does everything including brake bleed. I just had a code come up. It pulled it, and the part I needed was covered under warranty. Was actaully sent out today for free from Arnott. I am so glad I did not cover the suspension. Arnot's new shocks have life time warranty's. The system is really simple, and easy to work on. You want the premium shocks. Get the scanner to find out what works and what does not work. Don't get the Dorman compressor. It will break. Mine lasted a day. I got the rears at Best Buy Auto, they had a sale. Also got the Arnott Compressor there. Fronts I got from Shock we are house. It was cheaper to repair it than convered it, and it works great. Plus I had a sensor alarm, covered no problem.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14