Autoride bypass

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by fiatdale, Jan 23, 2013.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Mark
    Correct.

2. dachrist

dachrist Member

Name:
    David

I think the MRC shocks in an Escalade need a higher wattage than 25W. They put a higher current to those shocks than the normal autoride ones. Try 50W resistors...

3. okfoz

okfoz Full Access Member

Name:
    John
    Interesting, because the Cadillac, GMC and Chevy appear to use the same shocks year for year. On a different note, GM appears to no longer offer the OE shocks with the autoride as they have been removed from several websites.

4. dachrist

dachrist Member

Name:
    David
    Yes, but when Cadillac started using the MRC shocks, these are apparently different power wise. I know a lot of the "conversion" kits you see say they only work with the Autoride shocks, but not the MRC (Magnetic) shocks.

5. Murderavalanche

Murderavalanche TYF Newbie

Name:
    Andrew
    Looking for help with my 07 ltz avalanche. I did away the factory shocks and bought new struts, coils, and shocks and installed a 5" lift. Then put the resistors I bought from an eBay seller on. But still get the the service suspension message. I removed the air compressor as it was shot and unplugged the ride height sensors. Still get the the service suspension message. Where do I go from her?

6. crabbman

crabbman Member

Name:
    douglas
    Inside the engine compartment is a fuse box. It has a fuse for autoride,it is a square fuse number 20 i believe. take it out and leave it blank forever or return if you or someone else wants to have the same suspension that came from factory. No more dash message if you do this.

7. CdnDenali

CdnDenali Member

Name:
    Alex
    I have the 25 watt resistors on the fronts along with Bilstein shocks (works good no Service messagage). Does the 25 watt resistors work for the rears too (NBS Autoride)?

8. Murderavalanche

Name:
    Andrew
    That's the fuel pump fuse...

9. crabbman

crabbman Member

Name:
    douglas
    I was wrong about fuse 20. I was in a hurry when I was writing. Look on the fuse box cover diagram and look for autoride some where.

10. Murderavalanche

Name:
    Andrew
    I don't see anything labeled autoride or rtd. I read something about putting resistors on the height controller plug also?