Autoride bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the RTD fuse, remove a battery cable (for a few minutes) from the battery, hook back to the battery and see if that eliminates the message/Autoride system?

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for help with my 07 ltz avalanche. I did away the factory shocks and bought new struts, coils, and shocks and installed a 5" lift. Then put the resistors I bought from an eBay seller on. But still get the the service suspension message. I removed the air compressor as it was shot and unplugged the ride height sensors. Still get the the service suspension message. Where do I go from her?

Are you getting any error codes through the obd?

Having a similar issue. I replaced the autoride shocks with biltstein 5100s front and back and wired in 25Watt 3.9Ohm resistors to the 2 wires that plugged into the shocks. I didn't touch the ride height sensors but disconnected the battery and unplugged the 40amp ALC/Comp fuse. I am getting the stabilitrak traction control warning and my abs light is on. I thought maybe the codes needed to be cleared so I picked up a BlueDriver obd device yesterday. I tried clearing the codes but I'm still getting code C0045 and the warning are still on. Looks like the code is for an issue with the left rear wheel speed sensor and from what I read there seems to be a common issue of corrosion that needs to be cleaned. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that it happened when I removed autoride but I will try to get it cleaned and clear the code to see if that helps.

Murderavalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you getting any error codes through the obd?

Having a similar issue. I replaced the autoride shocks with biltstein 5100s front and back and wired in 25Watt 3.9Ohm resistors to the 2 wires that plugged into the shocks. I didn't touch the ride height sensors but disconnected the battery and unplugged the 40amp ALC/Comp fuse. I am getting the stabilitrak traction control warning and my abs light is on. I thought maybe the codes needed to be cleared so I picked up a BlueDriver obd device yesterday. I tried clearing the codes but I'm still getting code C0045 and the warning are still on. Looks like the code is for an issue with the left rear wheel speed sensor and from what I read there seems to be a common issue of corrosion that needs to be cleaned. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that it happened when I removed autoride but I will try to get it cleaned and clear the code to see if that helps.

No stabilitrak or abs code. Just service suspension system. But I did have a bad wheel speed sensor that did that one time. Double check your abs plug on that wheel and make sure it's plugged in

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also am having issues, removed my air ride and lowered... Soldered and installed 25Watt 3.9Ohm resistors at each corner (orange metal ones from Amazon) and still get a Stabilitrak light. No ABS lights here and no OBD codes, just traction and service suspension system dash lights. 2007 Yukon Denali

gmc_z71_95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you switch the rear shocks, don't you also have to change the coil springs? I'm under the impression that the autoride system used softer springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972

Latest posts